Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

A Summer Journey.

I don't usually get personal on this blog, It is after all a fashion blog and fashion is always, always fun.  The thing is life isn't fun sometimes, and that's been the kind of Summer I've had. Seems I end up taking unofficial breaks from my fashion faerie duties because I'm a total sun worshipper and with New York Summers you use it or lose it.

This summer instead of beach days and cold drinks, my family and I found ourselves in hospital rooms and doctors offices. My dad was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. I was the only one with him during the diagnosis, and I felt as if cold water had just been tossed directly into my face. There is no fucking way that this is true I told myself, we have spend ALL of 2012 seeing quack doctor after doctor, as we watched him get thinner and thinner, finally he was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, a lung disease that in his case is very controllable. We were all so relieved, just some medication and he will be good as new. Well not exactly, although  he started on said medication, and was traveling and everything. He never seemed 100% after a series of more texts which included a colonoscopy, (which he was fastidious about) There we were "You have colon cancer".

The first thing my father did was tell me it's going to be fine, I really can't imagine what he was feeling at the time, but it was so typical that he was trying to reassure me. Since then we have watched the chemo and worse but he is fighting, the cancer is rapidly shrinking with no spreading, he's gaining weight and getting out on his own. It's not over but it's wonderful to see him more like himself. It's all been so crazy and consuming but, we are still here.

I'm working on amazing new posts, see you all very soon.

Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Street Style New York Fashion Week Spring\Summer 2016

It's that time of year again! Most of the venues have changed this season, but the style factor isn't going anywhere. Spotted everyo...

(pinterest-db13a.html).